Who was Sharon Tate? A figure that was played by Margot Robbie in ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’
Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate in ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ (Photo: Twitter)
Quentin Tarantino’s yet impressive work ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ hits the cinema and with the release the talks about the movie that it will tail. In the movie where Tarantino takes us back to the time of 1969 Los Angeles in a sort of comedic thriller we are presented with some of most prominent actors in Hollywood such as that of Bruce Lee and Sharon Tate. While a lot many of us know the late figure as an actress who fall victim to the Charles Manson murder along with the five others brutally murdered, little is known about the silver screen actress played in all apt by Margot Robbie.
So, before ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ hits the Indian theatres, let us look at some facts about the late actress:
- While many might have heard of the infamous Charles Manson murder, little do they know that the murder that happened nearly 50 years ago, took place at the home of the late actress on August 8, 1969. It was at her home that Manson’s followers broke into the home and brutally slaughtered five people including Sharon who was pregnant at the time and two weeks away from giving birth.
- While Sharon landed her first major film role in the 1966 occult thriller Eye of the Devil, her big break came in 1967 film Valley of the Dolls that was based on the best on the best-selling novel. While the movie received stooping reviews from the critics, it was her role as Jennifer North that brought her into the public’s attention. She even received a Golden Globe nomination for her performance in the film.
- Before her big Golden Globe nomination, she acted in small roles on TV shows like Mister Ed and The Beverly Hillbillies.
- In 1968 she married director Roman Polanski in 1968 whom she worked with in his 1967 film The Fearless Vampire Killers, where they fell in love on set. The couple married in a ceremony in London on January 20, 1968 and she became pregnant with their first child by the end of that year.
- It was Tate who introduced Bruce Lee and Polanski in the 1960s. The actress met Lee on the set of The Wrecking Crew, when he taught karate to the cast.
First Published: Friday, July 26, 2019 04:02 PM