Friday The 13th: Top 5 Horror Movies Of 2019 According To Critics
Top 5 Horror Movies Of 2019 According To Critics (Photo: Twitter)
A day believed to atmosphere danger, bad-luck, death even stirring a movie of the same name, Friday the 13th, this day for over 2000 years have spawned credulous theories that carries no rationale but beliefs which many believe. In fact, so much is the craze surrounding this ‘constructed’ ill-fated day that is has become a celebration with a huge cult following much like a far-flung relative of Halloween.
So, those who are looking for a bit of ‘spookiness’, 2019 is ‘it’ for horror movie genres. Below are the top 5 horror movies of 2019 you can watch on Friday the 13th:
- Us: From the directors of the unsettling ‘Get Out’, Jordan Peele brings to us once again a stellar horror movie inspired by Hands Across America starring Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o in the lead roles.
- Ready or Not: A horror comedy with stomach churning ghoulish scenes, Grace aka Samara Weaving is forced to play the deadliest round of hide-and-seek ever by her murderous, game-obsessed new family.
- Hereditary: With Ari Aster taking the director’s seat, ‘Hereditary’ is a brilliantly executed horrorpsychological movie about a cursehereditary passed down by the secretive grandmother the Graham family is cursed with.
- It: Chapter Two: A sequel to 2017’ ‘It’, the Stephen King adaptation shows Isaiah Mustafa (far left), Bill Hader, James McAvoy, Jessica Chastain and Jay Ryan play grown-up members of the Losers' Club forced to revisit a childhood nightmare and deal with an evil force that's returned to their Maine hometown.
- Scary stories to tell in the dark: A horror movie where our childhood memories turn to life, Austin Zajur in Guillermo del Toro's 1960s-set adaptation of the children's book series plays a teen who is haunted by a grotesque Pale Lady with her unsettling evil smile.
First Published: Friday, September 13, 2019 12:30 PM