Who is Akash Anand - the new BSP national coordinator?
BSP national coordinator Akash Anand with SP chief Akhilesh Yadav and other politicians (File Photo)
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati, at a two-hour-long National Convention meeting held in Lucknow on Sunday, named her nephew Akash Anand as the party's national coordinator, along with former Vice President Ramji Gautam. Besides, Anand Kumar, the brother of former Uttar Pradesh chief minister, is given the responsibility of BSP national vice president.
Meanwhile, the questions which are doing rounds all over are - Who is Akash Anand? Why he is chosen for the plum post in the party? Will his appointment as BSP National Coordinator bring significant changes in the party affairs? Let's have a quick look at the profile of Akash Anand, the 24-year-old nephew of BSP chief Mayawati.
READ | Mayawati's brother Anand Kumar named BSP national VP, nephew Akash Anand national coordinator
Here are the 5 things to know about the new BSP national coordinator:
- Akash, who completed his schooling from Delhi, is the eldest among Anand Kumar's three children.
- The political newbie pursued his MBA from London and returned to India in the year 2017.
- Same year, Akash made his political debut when he accompanied his aunt Mayawati during her visit to Saharanpur following a clash between two communities.
- In the run-up to the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Akash addressed a joint gathbandhan (grand alliance) rally with Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Akhilesh Yadav and Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) chief Ajit Singh at the Kothi Meena Bazar Ground in Agra.
- There are also reports that Akash is among the front-runners to take over the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) after Mayawati.
First Published: Sunday, June 23, 2019 08:52 PM
- Akash Anand ,
- Who Is Akash Anand ,
- 5 Things To Know About Akash Anand ,
- Bsp ,
- Bahujan Samaj Party ,
- Mayawati ,
- Bsp National Coordinator ,
- National Coordinator ,
- Bsp New National Coordinator ,
- Anand Kumar Son ,
- Akash Anand Profile ,