While reports of Baba Ramdev's much-anticipated Patanjali food park being shifted out from Uttar Pradesh were doing rounds on social media, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday spoke to Patanjali Ayurved MD Acharya Balkrishna to sort out the matter.
Following Patanjali's decision to pull out of the mega food processing project, Adityanatah directed officials to expedite the process for Yoga guru Ramdev's ambitious Rs 6,000-crore food and herbal park.
As per the latest report, a senior state government official clarified that the project has not been cancelled yet and CM Adityanath discussed the matter with Patanjali Yogpeeth co-founder Balkrishna. The report further stated that Patanjali is, however, convinced by Adityanath's assurance and is reviewing its decision to pull out of the project.
"We are reviewing our decision in the light of assurances given by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath. We do trust the assurances given by him," said Patanjali Spokesperson S K Tijarawala.
We(Patanjali) trust the assurance given by Yogi Adityanath . CM spoke to Acharya Balkrishan and Baba Ramdev and assured cooperation. We respect the commitment given by Yogiji. We will not let the important food park go out of UP: SK Tijarawala,Spokesperson pic.twitter.com/HCSWJgxdbe— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) June 6, 2018
Talking about the latest developments, Union Food Processing Secretary JP Meena said, "We have given a one-month extension to Patanjali... they have to meet the condition. In case, Patanjali does not meet the condition, we have no choice but to cancel. We have done it earlier in many projects."
On Tuesday, Patanjali Ayurved Ltd MD Acharya Balkrishna announced a cancellation of the Rs 6000 crore project, citing Yogi government's disappointing attitude in the state.
"Came to know about quashing of Mega Food Park, approved by the Centre, in Greater Noida. The pledge to bring prosperity to the lives of farmers in the land of Sri Ram and Krishna remained incomplete because of the indifference of the state government," Balkrishna said in a tweet.
आज ग्रेटर नोएडा में केन्द्रीय सरकार से स्वीकृत मेगा फूड पार्क को निरस्त करने की सूचना मिली— Acharya Balkrishna (@Ach_Balkrishna) June 5, 2018
श्रीराम व कृष्ण की पवित्र भूमि के किसानों के जीवन में समृद्धि लाने का संकल्प प्रांतीय सरकार की उदासीनता के चलते अधूरा ही रह गया #पतंजलि ने प्रोजेक्ट को अन्यत्र शिफ्ट करने का निर्णय लिया pic.twitter.com/hN6LRbhO4i
In November 2016, then UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav laid the foundation stone for the Patanjali Food and Herbal Park in Greater Noida and around 455 acres of land on the Yamuna Expressway was allocated for the project.
The food and herbal park claimed to produce goods worth of Rs 25,000 crore annually on full capacity running. It is envisaged to create 10,000 direct jobs.
Patanjali is currently investing in mega food park projects, including in Nagpur (Maharashtra) and Tezpur (Assam).