Over 150 people were injured after blue bottle jellyfish, which is also known as Portuguese man-of-war, attacked them at Juhu, Girgaum Chowpatty and Aksa beaches of Mumbai causing panic and fear among the people, according to sources.
Scores of blue bottle jellyfish were spotted on the beaches. Every year during monsoon blue bottle jellyfishes come out for reproduction.
ALSO READ | Blue bottle jellyfish injures over 150 in Mumbai beaches
How to treat the pain:
- The sting can cause red rashes which can cause an acute pain.
- Soak the wound in water and remove the sting using tweezer or the
edge of any sterilised equipment.
- Take help of a doctor if the pain persists.
- In case of breathlessness consult the doctor immediately as it can cause death in extreme cases.
- Apply a cold pack and close the wound immediately. Do not over expose it.
ALSO READ | Three-day Chinese film festival in Kolkata
Live Scores & Results