A major fire broke out at a shop in Munirka furniture market in south-west Delhi on Monday night. According to news agency ANI. At least 12 fire tenders rushed to the spot. So far, there has been no reports of any casualities. The reason behind fire is yet to be known.
On Sunday, a minor fire broke out on the ground floor of a building in Dwarka where an examination was being held, Delhi Fire Service said. No injury was reported, they said. The fire department said they received a call about the incident around 11.36 am, following which six fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
"The fire broke out inside the metre situated on the ground floor of a building where an examination was being conducted," a senior fire official said. The fire was brought under control by 12.30 pm, he said. It is suspected that a short circuit in the electricity metre of the building led to the fire, the official added.