A major fire broke out at the CBI Academy in Ghaziabad late on Monday evening, officials said. The mess on the first floor of the academy, which was also houses a recreational room with billiards table among others, caught fire causing serious damage, officials told news agency PTI.
Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the blaze is under control. Prima facie, it was caused by a blast in an air-conditioner compressor, Fire Officer Sushil Kumar the news agency over phone. Kumar said there were no injuries or loss of life and all the staff is safe.
This is a breaking news story. More details will be added soon. Please refresh the page for the updated version.