Indian Army chief General Bipin Rawat on Wednesday said the Chinese military had carried out “temporary” buildups in Doklam — the site of a tense standoff between the two countries last year — after media reports cited satellite images to say that the infrastructure included a “full-fledged” PLA base.
“The Chinese military had carried out some infrastructure development in the Doklam area earlier. All of it is temporary in nature," said Army chief Bipin Rawat during ‘Raisina Dialogue.’
He added that the infrastructure remains in the area, while the PLA troops have returned. “The Indian army does not visualise it as a serious trouble. But, one has to be prepared for it,” said Rawat.
The Indian Army chief Rawat further said, “Indian and Chinese troops now have a mechanism to effectively address their issues.”
Further Rawat added, “We are meeting regularly, communications between the commanders at the ground level is on and the bonhomie has returned which was prior to the Doklam (incident).”