A couple was set ablaze allegedly by their relatives for performing `black magic' at Dubbak in Siddipet district of Telangana, died at a hospital in Hyderabad on Saturday, police said.
Sudarshan (56) and his wife Rajeshwari (52), residents of BC Colony at Dubbak, were tied to an electric pole in front of their house by their relatives and some villagers and was set on fire after pouring kerosene on them.
The couple suffered 90 per cent burns and are said to be in critical condition, they said.
The relatives blamed the couple for the problems in their lives and accused them of practising black magic, police said.
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 8, 2017
Sudarshan's sister and some others rescued the couple, but both had suffered 90 per cent burn injuries and succumbed at Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad early this morning, said sub-inspector Srinivas of Bhoompally police station.
hose who led the mob were apparently close relatives of the couple, he said, adding that arrests would be made after identification of the culprits.
They were rescued by the police and villagers and shifted to Dubbak government hospital and later to Gandhi Hospital here for treatment, he said. Police have registered a case and are investigating the incident, the officer added.