Earthquake measuring 5.8 on richter scale hits Andaman and Nicobar Islands
New Delhi, Agencies | Updated : 22 May 2019, 10:47 AM
The Andaman and Nicobar archipelago is on the Ring of Fire aand is prone to earthquakes. (File photo)
A medium intensity earthquake of magnitude 5.8 hit the Andaman and Nicobar islands on Wednesday morning. The quake struck was situated at a depth of 10 km. The earthquake, which had its epicentre in the Andaman islands, occurred at 6:09 am, the National Centre for Seismology said. The Andaman and Nicobar archipelago is on the Ring of Fire aand is prone to earthquakes.
On Tuesday, an earthquake measuring 4.1 on the Richter Scale shook Nicobar Islands region in the wee hours, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) had said.
The quake struck at around 2:04 am and was situated at a depth of 10 kilometres, the agency said.
First Published: Wednesday, May 22, 2019 09:00 AM
- Andaman Earthquake ,
- Earthquake In Andaman ,
- National Centre For Seismology ,
- Earthquake In Andaman Nicobar ,
- Earthquake In Andaman And Nicobar Islands ,
- Andaman Nicobar News ,
- Andaman Nicobar Earthquake ,
- Earthquake In Andaman And Nicobar Islands Today ,
- Earthquake In Andaman And Nicobar Islands 2019 ,
- Earthquake In Andaman Nicobar Today ,
- Tribe In Andaman ,
- Earthquake Andaman ,