Apart from this, a bunch of several other developmental-projects will be launched in Ghogha, Dahej and Vadodara districts and ferry service is the dream project of Modi and the most important one.
According to reports, the 31-km ferry service will run between Ghogha in Bhavnagar district and Dahej in Bharuch in the Gulf of Cambay reducing the travel distance between Ghogha in the Saurashtra region and Dahej in south Gujarat from 310 kilometers by road to 30 kilometers. Hence, Ro-Ro ferry service will cut down the travel time from 'seven or eight hours to just over an hour'.
Ghogha is situated in Bhavnagar district of Saurashtra lies 17 nautical miles (32 km), across the gulf from Dahej in Bharuch district.
Ghogha-Dahej Ferry Service will boost connectivity and infrastructure in Gujarat. pic.twitter.com/Hed5BoaT9V— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) October 21, 2017
Know more about Ro-Ro Ferry service:
1. PM Modi who will inaugurate the first phase of the service, is also set to address a mass regarding arrival in Dahej.
2. While the first phase of the service is going to be launched for passengers, the second phase will be started in around two months in order to carry cars between the two cities, stated Ajay Bhadoo, the Chief Executive Officer of the Gujarat Maritime Board.
3. "It is a complex project which involves complicated marine structure of the Gulf of Cambay, on which it is built," Bhadoo was quoted while talking about the same.
4. The central government has allocated Rs 117 crore for this Rs 615 crore ferry project. The Gujarat government body in charge of marine and ports affairs along the state’s 1,600 km coastline, floated tenders for the project in 2011.
5. Modi had laid the foundation stone for the project back in January 2012 and the idea was already in existence in the early 1960s.
PM Modi is visiting Gujarat for the third time in this month and is scheduled to inaugurate and lay the foundation stones for projects worth over Rs. 1,140 crore.