A massive fire broke out at the main building of Jabalpur High Court in Madhya Pradesh on Monday. Soon after the incident, several fire tenders were rushed to the spot and have been trying to put out the blaze. The incident took place at around 6 pm in the evening and the fire department reached the spot half an hour after the first alert was sent out. But by the time, the fire took a grueling look and smoke and flames were seen billowing out of the first floor of the High Court building.
"Madhya Pradesh: Fire breaks out at Jabalpur High Court," the news agency ANI reported, adding that further detailed are awaited.
Madhya Pradesh: Fire breaks out at Jabalpur High Court; more details awaited. pic.twitter.com/VsSbUVHzze— ANI (@ANI) June 10, 2019
While some suspect a short circuit to be the cause of the fire, others suggest that the mishap occurred due to an AC blast in the building. However, the definite reason behind the same is yet to be ascertained. A carpenter, who was working on the first floor of the building informed the administrative officials about the incident.
Fire brigade officials are trying to control the fire that broke out at Jabalpur High Court building this evening.
According to the preliminary information, all the lawyer and employees who were inside the building at the time of the blaze have been evacuated safely. Though there are reports about loss of some old furniture and law books in the incident, no casualty has been reported so far.