PM Modi gives Diwali bonanza to Asha, Anganwadi workers
PM Modi gives Diwali bonanza to Asha, Anganwadi workers, highlights of Modi’s announcements (PHOTO: Twitter)
The Narendra Modi government at the Centre has decided to increase the monthly honorarium of lakhs of Asha and Anganwadi workers from October. While interacting with Asha, ANM (auxiliary nurse midwife) and Anganwadi workers through a video conference, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday also announced that all accredited social health activists (Asha) will be brought under the coverage of various social security schemes and provided free insurance cover under Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and Prime Minister Suraksha Bima Yojana.
There are around 14 lakh Anganwadis or child care centres in rural areas across the country and 10 crore beneficiaries, who include children under the age of six and pregnant women and lactating mothers. There are a total of 12,83,707 Anganwadi workers and 10,50,564 helpers.
Also Read | ‘Modi government crossed all limits, time to change it,’ says Manmohan Singh
Here are the Five highlights of the announcements:
- Asha workers will not have to pay any premium for the insurance coverage and will get Rs 4 lakh in case of any untoward incident.
- The revised incentive will come into effect from October and it will reflect in their salaries from November onwards, which would be a Diwali gift for them.
- Those who drew an honorarium of Rs 3,000 will from now on get Rs 4,500 and those who used to get Rs 2,200 will get Rs 3,500.
- Anganwadi helpers’ honorarium will be hiked from Rs 1,500 to Rs 2,500.
- The prime minister also announced that Anganwadi workers and helpers using techniques such as common application software (ICDS-CAS) would get additional incentives. The incentives, ranging from Rs 250 to Rs 500, would be based on performance.
First Published: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 07:29 PM