Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke at length about several important issues like demonetisation, Rafale deal, triple talaq and other talked about issues in his first interview of the year 2019. In a candid interview to ANI, PM Modi also slammed the Opposition parties for raising question on surgical strike. Let's have a look at his top 10 important quotes.
1. If a Congress worker turns up to be Christian Michel's lawyer, then it is worrying.
2. On Rafale I have spoken in Parliament and in various public meetings. The Indian Supreme Court has given their views and the French President has also spoken.
3. The people of India are seeing how leaders who want to loot are closing ranks and forming alliances. 2019 is going to be about the people of India versus an Opposition alliance.
4. For Opposition leaders, Modi is the issue. On different days, they take turns to abuse Modi. You will hear nothing from them about their vision for India.
5. Every Temple has their own beliefs. There are temples where men are not allowed. We should read minutely what the respected lady judge said on the Sabarimala case.
6. On the surgical strikes, there are some political parties who began to speak the same language as Pakistan. These parties were demeaning our armed forces. They politicised such an issue. As the PM, I will always appreciate the armed forces.
7. I want to appeal to the Congress not to use their lawyers to delay the judicial process on the Ram Temple.
8. We are committed to hearing all issues being faced by people and placing them in front of the GST council. GST has to be simple and consumer friendly. Work is constantly going on in this direction.
9. It is a reality that the so called First Family of the nation is out on bail. Their loyalists may try to hide that fact but they won't succeed.
10. Ek ladai se Pakistan sudhar jayega, yeh sochna bohot badi ghalti hogi. Pakistan ko sudharne mein abhi aur samay lagega. (It would be a mistake to think Pakistan can mend its ways after a fight, it will take more time.)