Swami Vivekananda death anniversary: Top quotes to ignite minds
“Sisters and brothers of America, it feels my heart..”, had just said an Indian monk in saffron cloak when realisation of ‘Indian philosophy’ dawned upon the participants of world parliament in America’s Chicago. Yes, we are talking about Swami Vivekanand, born Narendra Nath Datta, the Indian monk who took Vedanta philosophy to the West. He was one of the foremost philosophers India ever have had. His address in the world parliament of religions in Chicago was exemplary and is still very frequently quoted.
On his 117th death anniversary, we recall some of quotes of Swami Vivekananda.
- Arise! Awake! and stop not, till the goal is reached.
- Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
- The world is a great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong
- You can grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
First Published: Thursday, July 04, 2019 12:41 PM
- Indian Monk ,
- Saffron Cloak ,
- Indian Philosophy ,
- Chicago ,
- World Parliament ,
- Vedanta Philosophy ,
- Parliament Of Religions ,
- Swami Vivekananda ,
- Death Anniversary ,
- Quotes Of Vivekananda ,