Two Army men were killed and at least nine others suffered serious burn injuries in an accidental fire at an army range in Madhya Pradesh on Thursday, an official said. According to reports, three of the injured have been shifted to Delhi and are in critical condition.
Initial reports suggest that fire was caused due to sparks from the firing of the sniper rifles which burnt the dry leaves and grass surrounding the hideout from where soldiers were practicing.
Army Sources: Two Indian Army soldiers killed in fire incident at the Bercha and Hema ranges in Mhow near Indore today. Fire was caused due to spark during firing practice. #MadhyaPradesh— ANI (@ANI) April 4, 2019
"Two Indian Army soldiers were killed in a fire incident at the Bercha firing range in Mhow near Indore. The fire was caused due to spark during firing practice," Army official was quoted as saying by ANI.
The incident took place at the Army's Bercha Range at Mhow, a cantonment town near Indore.
Reports claim that few soldiers got injured when they went to rescue them as they were wearing gille suits which is the camouflage worn by snipers.
A court of inquiry to probe the incident has been ordered.