The probe into the multiple blasts in Bodh Gaya was on Tuesday handed over to the National Investigation Agency (NIA) by the Centre following a request from Bihar government.
The Ministry of Home Affairs has notified that the investigations in the July 7 serial blasts case stand transferred to NIA from Bihar Police, Home Ministry officials said.
A team of NIA had reached Bodh Gaya on Sunday evening, hours after the temple town was hit by the terror attack, and had been assisting the Bihar Police in the investigation.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had asked the Centre to hand over the investigation into the blasts to NIA.
Outcome of probes in Bodh Gaya blasts to come soon: Union min
Union minister RPN Singh said investigations were on in the serial blasts in Bodh Gaya and its outcome would be before all in days to come.
"Central government is getting the serial blasts in Bodh Gaya investigated and its results would be before the people soon," Singh, the Union minister of State for Home Affairs said.
In reply to a query over recent incursion by Chinese troops into the Indian territory, Singh said that "talks were on and the country believes in having good ties with all of its neighbouring countries".
On terrorism and naxalism, the Union minister said that the Congress-led UPA government has taken several steps to contain terrorism and naxalism and it would require enough time to elaborate on them.
In a separate query, he said that he would request the state government to release five people belonging to Gond caste, who were lodged in the Deoria jail on alleged charges of beating up officials of Padrauna tehsil.
The incident took place in June last year following a heated argument over caste and salary certificates for the community.
Singh added that they had taken law in their hands on an issue relating to peoples interest and so they required to be treated with sympathy.