A fire broke out on the ground floor of the AIIMS Trauma Centre here on Sunday near one of the operation theatres, the Delhi Fire Service said. A call was received at 6.13 pm about the incident, following which 20 fire tenders were rushed to the spot, Chief Fire officer Atul Garg said. All patients trapped inside the operation theatre are safe, according to officials.
The fire broke out on the ground floor of the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences Trauma Centre, fire-fighting operations are underway, he said.
Hospital sources said patients had to be shifted to another ward and others were evacuated since the smoke engulfed the ground floor of the building. The electricity supply has been stopped in the building for now and short circuit is suspected to be the reason behind the incident, they said.
#VISUALS: Fire breaks out at an operation theatre in AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) Trauma Center, 4 fire tenders rushed to spot.— News Nation (@NewsNationTV) March 24, 2019
Full story:https://t.co/HwDGvjsmbE pic.twitter.com/MXWXIiyJxs