Fire breaks out at commercial building in Noida Sector-51, 15 fire tenders on spot. (Twitter)
A major fire broke at a commercial building in Noida sector-15 on Saturday night. There has been no reports of any human causality so far. Initial information suggests the fire broke around 9.25 pm. At least 15 fire tenders have rushed to the spot.
All residents staying around the building have evacuated, according to sources.
In a similar incident on Friday, a massive fire broke out in H Block of Sector-63 in Noida. Several vehicles were gutted in the fire that started from an electricity transformer. The flames spread in no time due to the leakage of transformer’s oil.
At least two cars and 8 two-wheelers parked near the transformer caught the flames. The blasts in the cars due to fire caused panic in the H block market area.
The incident occurred in the afternoon around 12:45 pm after a leakage and sparking in the transformer. Soon, oil caught fire and spread in the nearby parked vehicles.
The fire brigade team was informed and they reached the spot to douse flames. They first called the electricity department and asked them to cut the power supply so that the firefighting operation could start.