A fire broke out on Thursday evening in the electronic panel of Barakhamba Metro station in the national capital. The station was filled with smoke. Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
The reason behind the mishap was not known but it is said fire may have been caused due to short circuit. No casualty has been reported.
Later, the officials have brought the situation under control.
On May 24, a Delhi Metro train was evacuated at the busy Rajiv Chowk station as sparks were witnessed on its roof on Wednesday morning.
An official of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation had said that initial reports appeared at 10.17 am that smoke and spark were noticed on a train at Central Secretariat.
The train was asked to report at Rajiv Chowk station where all the passengers were evacuated. Another spark had appeared when the train chugged in, which was followed by a minor blast in the rear part of the train.