From Regularising Unauthorised Delhi Colonies To Hike In MSP, Modi Government's Diwali Bonanza
Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Photo Credit : FIle Image )
The Modi government on Wednesday took some key decisions, which many believe will help the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the upcoming Delhi Assembly polls. Addressing the media after the cabinet meeting, Union ministers Prakash Javadekar and Ravishankar Prasad listed the decision took by the cabinet today.
In a move that will benefit 40 lakh people, the Union Cabinet approved a proposal to grant ownership rights to people living in unauthorised colonies in Delhi, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said.
The proposal is based on the recommendations of a committee, he said. Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said the Centre would also bring a bill in the Winter Session of Parliament to give relief to the residents of the unauthorised colonies in the national capital.
Here are some of the key decisions taken by the Union government:
- Centre approves proposal to grant ownership rights to people in unauthorised colonies in Delhi
- The Cabinet gave approval to agreements signed with other countries in various fields like traditional medicine, and science and technology.
- Cabinet has decided to increase the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Rabi crops, MSP for wheat and barley has been increased by Rs 85 , gram by Rs 255, Masur (Lentil) by Rs 325, mustard by Rs 225.
- Union Cabinet approves revival plan of BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) &MTNL (Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited) & in-principle merger of the two. Spectrum of 4G to be allocated to Telecom PSEs (Public Sector Enterprises).
- The government also proposed a voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) for MTNL and BSNL employees at the cost of Rs. 29,937 crore. "We are coming with a very attractive VRS package for MTNL and BSNL employees," Prasad said.
Wednesday, October 23, 2019 06:45 PM