Notwithstanding the Supreme Court order, Maharashtra government is firm that dance bars remain shut, Home Minister RR Patil on Monday told the assembly here.
He indicated that the government is mulling withdrawal of dance performance license to star hotels to remove any disparity.
Replying to a query by MNS legislator Bala Nandgaonkar in the House, Patil said if needed, the dance bar license issued to the star hotels (3 or 5 star hotels) will be withdrawn.
"The state government will take a decision in two days on the verdict of Supreme Court that upheld the Bombay High Court's decision to quash the ban on dance bars," Patil said.
Nandgaonkar and senior PWP legislator Ganpatrao Deshmukh wanted to know the steps being taken by the state government on the Supreme Court ruling on dance bars.
"We have sought legal opinion from experts in Delhi and Mumbai. The state government is of the view that the ban on dance bars should continue," the Home Minister said.
The government has formed a committee of experts to decide further course of action, he said.
The apex court had last week lifted the ban on dance bars quashing the law approved by the state legislature.
"Within the next two days, the government will inform the House about its stand on the steps being taken on the Supreme Court ruling," Patil said.