Bharatiya Janata Party's Prime Ministerial candidate for 2014 Lok Sabha polls and Gujarat CM Narendra Modi on Saturday addressed a mega party rally at Udaipur, Rajasthan.
Modi was accompanied by state party president Vasundhara Raje as people from tribal areas also attended the rally.
The Assembly polls in Rajasthan are scheduled to be held on December 1, 2013 and a close contest between Congress and BJP is expected.
The upcoming Assembly election in Rajasthan is also being seen as a litmus test for both the national parties ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Today, Modi beginnings his tours in the assembly poll bound states, starting from Rajasthan’s Udapiur.
Highlights of Narendra Modi's Speech at Udaipur.
• Modi started his speech saying the large crowd here in BJP mega rally in Udaipur is an indication of a big storm.
• He gave his respect and bow to Maharana Pratap and also remembered Rana Sanga.
• He took a jibe at Congress saying, for the last few days your state has seen many inaugurations and no scissors are left in the market now.
• Targeting Rahul Gandhi he said, 'Shahzada' came here and spoke. But even his party Congress workers did not understand his words.
• He further attacked Rahul and Congress government in the state saying, Shazaada comes here and talked about communalism. Under Ashok Gehlot govt, 25 riots took place here in last 5 years. They can't protect minorities and even Central govt's minority commission has said it earlier. Apart from this the Rajasthan High court even warned Ashok Gehlot and his government to act or quit.
• When Modi asks the Udaipur crowd — is Congress telling you what they did? The people shouted in a firm voice saying ‘Noooo’.
• Raising the question about high prices of vegetables and Onions, he said - production of onion and veggies has gone down 5%, but the price has gone up by 1500%. Onions are majorly grown in Maharashtra, Andra Pradesh and Karnataka and these states are rules by Congress. They promised to reduce price in 100 days but nothing happened.
• He hailed Vajpayee led Government and compared the cost for food during their tenure and UPA government.
Narendra Modi concludes his speech in signature style with loud chants of Vande Mataram and Bharat Mata ki Jai. He also urges the audiences to throw out Congress from Rajasthan and belive in BJP.