Month After Deadly Car Crash, CBI Records Statement Of Unnao Rape Survivor At AIIMS

New Delhi, News Nation Bureau | Updated : 02 September 2019, 12:06 PM
Month after deadly car crash, CBI records statement of Unnao rape survivor at AIIMS
Month after deadly car crash, CBI records statement of Unnao rape survivor at AIIMS
HIGHLIGHTS
    • The Supreme Court has transferred all Unnao cases Unnao to Delhi.
    • BJP has expelled Kuldeep Singh Sengar, main accused in Unnao gangrape.
    • On July 28, the girl and her family had met with horrific car crash.   

More than a month after the horrific car crash, the CBI on Monday recorded the statement of the Unnao rape survivor. The 19-year-old is undergoing treatment for her grievous injuries at AIIMS. Earlier, 19-year-old reportedly spoke about how the truck involved in the crash came straight towards her car. According to a Times of India report, a relative of the teenager gave the details and said that the girl spoke to the kin from her hospital bed. According to the said relative, the survivor said that on the fateful day, she and others in the car could sense the weird way in which the truck was speeding. Even her lawyer tried to avert the crash by going in reverse gear. But the truck came straight towards the car and rammed into it, the Times of India report quoted the relative as saying.

At present, the 19-year-old and her lawyer are being treated for their grievous injuries at AIIMS-Delhi.

Last month, the Supreme Court had transferred all five cases linked to the Unnao rape survivor from the CBI court in Uttar Pradesh to Delhi and said the designated judge in the national capital will commence the trial on a day-to-day basis and complete the trial within 45 days. "Taking into account the ground stated in transfer petition, and letter to the CJI, we order the transfer of all the cases from the CBI court in UP to Delhi,' the top court said. The court has also directed the state to pay a compensation of Rs 25 lakh to the Unnao rape survivor by today. The apex court has also ordered security to be provided to the survivor and family and injured lawyer and his family.

The BJP also expelled Kuldeep Singh Sengar, the main accused in the Unnao gangrape. According to latest media reports, the top leadership at the BJP took the step after marathon meeting, which was attended by senior leaders Swatantra Dev Singh and Sunil Bansal. The party reportedly felt that suspension was not enough. While Swatantra Dev Singh had claimed that Sengar was suspended from party, there was never any official press release. Multiple media reports stated that no leader from the party had any details of the 'suspension'. The BJP was under pressure to act against Sengar since the July 28 accident involving the Unnao rape survivor and her family. The rape survivor's mother had alleged that Sengar, a four-time MLA who represents Bangermau in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly, raped her teenage daughter at his residence in 2017. Sengar was arrested on April 13 last year.

First Published: Monday, September 02, 2019 11:43 AM
Post Comment (+)