NIA releases two sketches of a suspect in Bodh Gaya blasts

New Delhi, News Nation Bureau | Updated : 16 July 2013, 03:53 PM

Struggling to find a breakthrough in the Bodh Gaya blasts probe, NIA on Tuesday released the sketch of a person who was seen moving in suspicious manner before the serial blasts at Mahabodhi temple premises.

Senior NIA officials said attempts made to locate this person have not yielded any result so far prompting the central probe agency to release the sketch.

NIA sources said that the CCTV footage was being refined further to get a clearer image of the suspected person. Investigations into the July 7 blasts at the highest seat of learning of Buddhism have made little headway as NIA dispatched teams to a watch factory at Rajkot.

The watches from this factory were used as timers in the loosely packed improvised explosive devices to trigger the blasts which injured two persons.

Agencies suspect that the terror module involved in Bodhgaya temple blasts in Bihar could be a new one as the unexploded IEDs do not have signature of bombs which were used in previous terror strikes across the country.

The sources in National Investigation Agency said a preliminary analysis of three unexploded IEDs recovered from Mahabodhi temple do not match with the IEDs used so far for terror strikes in the country.

In an attempt to nail the terrorists, NIA matches the style of making IEDs with the previous blasts to identify the module which could have executed the blasts.   

However, they said it is a very preliminary inference drawn by the investigators and further probe would clarify the picture. NIA has registered a case in connection with serial bomb blasts at Mahabodhi temple in the historic city of Bodh Gaya.

First Published: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 02:30 PM
Post Comment (+)