Over 11,000 people are feared to be still missing in the flash-floods and landslides in Uttarakhand, NDMA Vice-Chairman Shashidhar Reddy said on Tuesday.
Reddy said as per the official data, the count of missing people has reached only upto 3,500 to 3,700 but more than 11,000 people are feared to be missing in the state.
According to the NDMA's recent data, rains and floods had affected 4,200 villages in Uttarakhand besides damaging 2,397 houses and 194 bridges.
So far, 580 people have lost their lives and officially 3,500 continue to be missing.
Around 150 locals, mostly women and children, have also requested evacuation in Badrinath area which will be initiated as soon as weather permits, he told reporters in a press conference.
On the possible threat of any epidemic in Badrinath, he said, "Our teams have surveyed the area and there is no threat of any epidemic as it has been completely evacuated."
Refuting the allegation of not heeding to prior warnings issued by Indian Space Research Organisation, Reddy said no such information was given by ISRO as it does not have the authority to do so.