Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a one day visit to poll-bound Northeastern states of Arunachal Pradesh and Tripura on Thursday.
At a function in Itanagar, he will inaugurate the Dorjee Khandu State Convention Centre. This Convention Centre has an auditorium, conference halls, and an exhibition hall. It is expected to become a significant landmark of Itanagar. The PM is also expected to relaunch Doordarshan for the north-east.
The Prime Minister will also dedicate the State Civil Secretariat Building to the nation, and lay the Foundation Stone of the Academic Block of the Tomo Riba Institute of Health and Medical Science.
From Arunachal Pradesh, the Prime Minister will proceed to Tripura on a non-official visit.
Here are the live updates from PM Modi's visit to the North East -
- Morarji Desai was the last PM to attend the North East Council meeting, no PM got the time to attend it after that. They became very busy. But I have come because of you. That's why I went to attend the North East Council meeting: PM Narendra Modi in Itanagar
- I want to compliment CM @PemaKhanduBJP for the wonderful work he is doing. He has prepared a top quality roadmap on how Arunachal Pradesh should be in 2027. And, he did not only ask officials for inputs but also asked people from all walks of life: PM
-Ayushman Bharat scheme will take the lead in providing quality and affordable healthcare: PM
- There is so much work to do in the health sector. One aspect is human resource development, other is infra and there is also the need to use modern technology in the sector: PM
- I can tell you with great pride that ministers and officials from the Centre are visiting the Northeast very regularly: PM
- My visit to Arunachal Pradesh is related to three key projects in the state. The secretariat is already functional and this was a good step taken by the state government: PM
- I am delighted to visit Arunachal Pradesh and be among the wonderful people of this state: PM
-PM Modi inaugurates Dorjee Khandu State Convention Centre in Itanagar
PM Narendra Modi at IG Park in Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh). He will address a public meeting shortly. pic.twitter.com/x9nswYVEzw— ANI (@ANI) February 15, 2018
-PM Modi tweets about his Tripura visit. Prime Minister Narendra Modi also tweeted about his visit to Tripura, where elections are set to begin on February 18.
-Prime Minister Narendra Modi expected to arrive at 1040 hrs in Itanagar.
Schedule of PM's public meetings in Tripura
-1415 hrs - Shantirbazaar
-1615 hrs - Agartala