SHOCKING!! Sadhvi Pragya blames 'Opposition's killing power' for deaths of Jaitley, Swaraj

New Delhi, News Nation Bureau | Updated : 26 August 2019, 01:58 PM

Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, controversial BJP lawmaker from Bhopal, has done it again! While attending a prayer meet to pay tributes to Arun Jaitley and Babulal Gaur, Thakur blamed the Opposition for recent deaths of top BJP leaders. Hinting towards some sort of black magic, ‘totka’, Thakur said that the Opposition has used its ‘maarak shakti’ (killing power) against the top leadership of the ruling party. Talking about her campaign days, Thakur said that a sage had told her that someone was conspiring against the BJP leaders. Stressing on her point, Sadhvi Pragya said that earlier, no one believed her. But now, the proof is for everybody to see. If Sadhvi Pragya’s words are to be believed, there seems to be no medical ground for the recent deaths of top BJP leaders.

During her campaigning days, the Malegaon blast accused had said that former Anti-Terrorist Squad chief Hemant Karkare died in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks as she had cursed him for treating her “very badly” while she was in custody in the 2008 Malegaon blast case. “Hemant Karkare falsely implicated me. He died of his karma. I told him, he will be destroyed. I told him his entire dynasty will be erased. Maine kaha tera (Karkare) sarvanash hoga,” she had said.

Pragya had also stirred some controversy during her oath-taking ceremony in the Lok Sabha. The Malegaon blast accused took oath in Sanskrit and ended it with 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' slogan. Later, BJP members continued to raise 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' slogans, teasing the Opposition. They started raising slogan after oath taking by every BJP member. Pragya Thakur defeated Congress stalwart and former chief minister Digvijay Singh from Bhopal Lok Sabha Constituency.

Thakur’s legal troubles are also mounting. Previously, the Special NIA Court had directed Thakur, Lt Col Prasad Purohit and all other accused of Malegaon 2008 blast case to remain present before the court at least once a week.  The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Court, which expressed displeasure over their absence in the courtroom, has set May 20 as the next date of hearing.  Six people were killed and over 100 injured when an explosive device strapped to a motorcycle went off near a mosque in Malegaon, a town about 200 km from here in north Maharashtra, on September 29, 2008.  

In October last year, a special court had framed charges under the UAPA against Purohit, Sadhvi Pragya and some other accused persons in the case.

First Published: Monday, August 26, 2019 01:29 PM
Post Comment (+)