The Resident Commissioner of Andhra Bhawan has written a letter to home ministry, saying the dharna by Telugu Desam Party leader Chandrababu Naidu is unauthorised, reports said.
The Resident Commissioner has said that he has got a directive from the Andhra Pradesh government to write to the home secretary and request additional security force to help vacate Andhra Bhawan premises, reports said.
The step has been taken to prevent the gathering of crowd in the Andhra Bhawan premises and to maintain law and order.
The letter also stated that the protest at Andhra Bhawan is also a violation of mode of conduct for the Delhi Assembly elections, hence immediate action should be taken in this regard.
Earlier on Tuesday, undeterred by a notice asking him to withdraw his hunger strike at Andhra Bhawan, Naidu had said he would continue his fast to protest against the split of Andhra Pradesh.
"What crime I have committed? When Jaganmohan Reddy was in jail, he took part in fast against jail manual. But why should I vacate from Andhra Bhavan as I am under fast for a good cause," he had said.
Residence Commissioner of Andhra Pradesh served a notice to the TDP chief stating that the hunger strike is "unauthorised" as permission was granted only for a Press meet at the venue, TDP spokesman Shiva Prasad Rao said.
Asked whether his indefinite fast was a second struggle for Andhra Pradesh, Naidu said he wanted to expose the Congress party which is allegedly "match fixing with YSR Congress and TRS."
"Congress is adamant and playing politics. It is unfortunate," the TDP chief said.
He also stressed that problems must be sorted out amicably. "Justice should be done. They (Congress) have to pay the price for what they have done," Naidu added.
Naidu began an indefinite fast on Monday to protest against the split of Andhra Pradesh, accusing Congress of playing politics in view of the Lok Sabha polls, but remained ambivalent on Telangana.
(With PTI inputs)