Rape-accused Uttar Pradesh MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar and his accomplice, Shashi Singh, are likely to be produced before a Delhi court on August 5. The duo will be produced in the court in pursuance to an order by district judge Dinesh Sharma in New Delhi. Before leaving for Delhi, the now expelled BJP MLA claimed that there was a "political conspiracy" to frame him and demanded a thorough probe into the car crash that left the rape survivor injured and two dead.
"There should be thorough probe to ascertain whether it was an accident or a conspiracy. All the angles must be probed. All this is a political conspiracy aimed at me," he told reporters outside Sitapur jail when he was being taken to Delhi.
Sengar said that he “would also pray to God that both the advocate and the pidhitaa (Unnao rape survivor) recover fully." The court has also issued production warrants against the other accused in the case for their presence on August 6.
The case pertains to the rape of a minor girl allegedly by the lawmaker at his residence in Unnao on June 4, 2017, where she had gone to seek a job. He was lodged in Sitapur district jail in Uttar Pradesh. Sengar was expelled from the BJP last week. Accused Shashi Singh had allegedly lured the victim into going to Sengar's residence.
A few days earlier, Sengar and nine others were booked for murder by the CBI after the rape survivor and the advocate were injured when a truck hit their car in Rae Bareli. Her two aunts were killed in the accident. The rape survivor's family alleged foul play.