Facing criticism, Aam Aadmi Party on Tuesday issued clarification over the removal of Prashant Bhushan and Yogendra Yadav from Political Affairs Committee (PAC) on March 4.
In a joint statement made by Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai, Pankaj Gupta and Sanjay Singh, AAP revealed that the decision was taken to end the internal crisis in the party.
They also maintained that initially no statement was made to prevent their image. However, both Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan failed to maintain standards, thus a clarification became necessary to prevent any further rift in AAP.
Accusing the three, AAP stated, “All members were trying hard to lead the party to victory in Delhi polls but Yogendra Yadav, Prashant and Shanti Bhushan were trying hard to malign our image.”
Eight incidents which prove that the three were indulging in anti-party activities are:
1.They, especially Prashant Bhushan, asked volunteers from other states not to get involved in Delhi campaign. He even told them, “I am not getting involved, this time it is necessary to defeat the party in Delhi polls.” Even Anjali Damania knows about this as she was present when Prashant made such statements to Mysore volunteers.
2. Prashant also stopped people from sending funds to AAP.
3. Prashant even told Ashish Khaitan that he has nothing to do with AAP nor will he campaign for Delhi polls. He wanted AAP to get less seats in Delhi elections as a change in high command was possible only after party’s defeat.
4. During the campaigning, Prashant Bhushan threatened to malign party’s image by during a press conference against AAP. He knew a PC by him against party can act as a saviour for BJP in state.
5. To prevent any facepalm situation, AAP’s 10 senior members tried to make Prashant Bhushan and his father understand of not making any irresponsible statements in Delhi for nearly 3 days. This really hampered our campaigning phase in Delhi.
6. In the last few months, Yogendra Yadav tried to plant false stories against AAP and Arvind Kejriwal. Many newspapers and journalists have disclosed these details to AAP members.
7. ‘Aavam’, a BJP backed organisation was continuously supported by Prashant Bhushan and Shanti Bhushan.
8. Shanti Bhushan even supported Kiran Bedi over Arvind Kejriwal which shocked Aam Aadmi Party members.
The party maintained that these 8 reasons and several other reasons were responsible for the removal of Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan from PAC.
However, Prashant Bhuhsan lashed out at AAP claims and said that he has not made a party which is a machine to just fight polls.
He insisted, "I will still remain in the party", and added, "Now the time has come for country to know the whole truth and soon they will come to know".