Holi hea, its that time of the year when you don't really care while celebrating it, but later you regret not taking precautions. Holi is of course festival of colors and you don't need to stay indoor but you need to come out and let yourself free and have some fun.
But girls with long hair make sure that you don't indulge yourself into the joy of colors and play with water and colors. You need to do everything to protect your precious 'hair' from damage.
The harmful toxins present in the holi color and wet colors can make your hair dry and frizzy.
Check out some of the easy and necessary steps to protect your hair this Holi:
1. Apply oil at least 15 minutes before indulging yourself into the holi colors
2. Do not leave you hair open, tie it up or plate it.
3. Make sure that you don't use hair accessories to tie your hair.
4. One of the best way to protect your hair is by wearing a cap, scarf or wear a plastic shower cap under your cap.
5. Brush your hair softly after playing holi as it helps in taking out most of the colors (This is possible in dry hair case).
6. Wet hairs need to be washed soon after playing colors with cold water and then use shampoo. Using hot water and harsh wash can result to damaging of hair and its roots.
7. Avoid use of hair dryer and let it get dry naturally.8. Make sure that you use organic colors to play holi as it causes less damage. Also apply serum or protectant after your hair is washed and dried.
9. Go for a spa treatment for chemically styled hair.
10. Post-Holi, apply oil for 5 minutes before wash.