It's Chaitra Navratri going on and fasting for nine days can indeed be a little troublesome for you stomach. Besides, it isn't an easy task to give up all you favorite dishes.
However, for those who think that Navratri is all about fasting, they are aware of the fact that it is also a time to binge on some yummy delicacies which can be enjoyed during this holy occasion.
While vrat ke aalo, sabudana khichidi and kuttu ke aate ke pakode are a usual thing, one can also try hands on something different.
And today we bring you a simple recipe of yummy banana chips, which you can dig on this Navratri:
Bananas, turmeric powder, sendha namak (rock salt) and oil
1. Take 5-6 bananas, peel them and soak them in salted iced water.
2. Now slice the soaked bananas with chip slicer in salt water mixture.
3. Add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder and keep it for 10 minutes before taking off the water completely.
4. Spread the sliced bananas on a kitchen cloth in order to take off the moisture.
5. On the other hand, take some oil in a pan and heat it.
6. Now fry the banana slices in one layer batches until they turn crispy
7. Take out the chips and remove it on a paper towel to soak excessive oil.
Sprinkle with salt before serving.