Simple home remedies to get rid of cellulite
Simple home remedies to get rid of cellulite (Photo: Twitter)
Cellulite in simple terms is the dimpled, lumpy flesh that occurs on the stomach, thigh, buttocks and arms. According to some studies, cellulite occurs due to problems of imbalance in the connective tissue and fat in a person’s body. And though hormones, diet, lifestyle and genetics all play a role, the main cause of cellulite is still disputed. This is because while people of heavier mass tend to have a higher chance of getting cellulite, comparatively slimmer people also get cellulite. And though cellulite is a very natural part of the human body, a lot of cellulite concerns have surfaced in women’s magazines, websites, and blogs.
Also Read | Honey: Its benefits for health and skin
While going under the knife remains an expensive option, these cost-cutting home remedies will help reduce the cellulite problem:
- Coffee scrub: Recently, social media was flooded with accounts of coffee scrubs and wraps to reduce cellulite. The reason behind this is because when you massage and exfoliate the skin, the skin is benefited with the stimulating blood/lymph flow while the caffeine in the coffee triggers a tightening effect.
- Tomatoes and tomato paste: A general belief is that cellulite is when the layer of fat under the skin pushes up against the connective tissue. Tomatoes as such are known to have extremely high lycopene, which can prevent the breakdown of collagen in the skin. You can opt for a home-made paste to avoid the toxic BPA.
- Dry brushing your skin: Dry skin brushing, according to some experiments, is said to be effective because it tightens the epidermis and helps to break up the toxic material cellulite is composed of. Dry brush your skin while also moisturising with coconut oil to give a more decreased cellulite effect.
- Drink more water: The simplest way not just for cellulite but for your overall health. Hydration is the key to a healthy, smooth, skin surface. Consume foods that are rich in water content like melons, cucumbers, watermelon and leafy greens. This high-water content fruits along with their low calories will help control the fats stored and also lose weight.
- Apple cider vinegar: While this theory has not been proven by studies as one of cellulite-reduction remedy, it will give you the effect of a cellulite reduced-look appearance. Mix apple cider vinegar with water and honey and apply it to the body parts needed. Keep it wrapped for an hour and then rinse it off.
Also Read | 5 Sure shot natural remedies to prevent hair fall
Thursday, September 27, 2018 04:02 PM