Drink Up! Chamomile tea benefits your skin, hair and overall health!
Chamomile tea benefits your skin, hair and overall health (Photo:Twitter)
Chamomile, also known as Babune ka Phal in Hindi, is popular for its healing properties. Chamomile flower, which is native to parts of Asia, Europe, Australia and North America, contains Chamazulene, an aromatic chemical compound that has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antispasmodic properties. Chamomile tea is consumed across the world for both health and skin benefits. The beverage is soothing, refreshing and can benefit you in multiple ways:
Also Read | Pennywort: Ancient medicinal use of Mandukaparni
- Reduces acne: Chamomile tea can do more than what face crème and serums cannot do. Drinking chamomile tea can help prevent frequent acne break out. Since it contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, chamomile tea can help rid spots and acne scars.
- Dandruff solution: Dandruff crusts on your dark coloured shirts can be an embarrassing situation. Drinking chamomile tea can help prevent or treat dandruff and scalp irritation.
- Reduces stress: Chamomile tea has long been known as a natural sleeping remedy. According to studies, chamomile tea can help calm the nerves and improve everyday activities for people battling with insomnia. This herbal tea is one among the main ingredients found in aromatherapy practices. Drinking chamomile tea in addition to its aroma can help you sleep more soundly, experts suggest.
- Reduces muscle spasms and Period pain: Several studies on Chamomile tea reveal pain-relieving and antispasmodic properties. According to a study, drinking chamomile tea will help ease the uterus and decrease the production of prostaglandins.
- Chamomile tea may reduce sugar: Chamomile tea may reduce sugar level, according to studies. Since it contains anti-inflammatory properties chamomile may prevent damage to the cells of your pancreas produces insulin (the hormone responsible for removing sugar from your blood) which occurs when your blood sugar levels are chronically elevated.
Also Read | Reduce your bad cholesterol level with the choicest of nuts
Since chamomile is rich in antioxidants, they are also known to be good for the heart health. And many studies have hinted at the potential benefits of this drink that reduces the blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
First Published : 26 Oct 2018, 01:00:02 PM