Eczema treatment: Easy home remedies to take care of this skin disorder
Easy home remedies to treat eczema (Photo: File Photo)
Eczema is a common medical condition that causes the skin to become rough and inflated with blisters. In most of the time, this skin disorder causes the skin to itch that can escalate to bleeding wounds. And though the cause of this skin disorder is unknown, many experts have opined pollen as the main culprit.
While most cases of eczema are caused due to a combination of genetic and environmental factors such as atopic disease, this skin disorder also happens during the time of pregnancy. Although eczema might not be life-threatening, it can prove fatal when left untreated for a long time.
Also Read | By the River Kwai in Kanchanaburi
These are the five easy home-remedies of how you can safely treat eczema.
- Sunflower seed oil: Sunflower seed oil is high in omega-6 fatty acid and vitamin E that can helps decrease inflammation and itching in the skin. It also enhances the development of new skin cells that helps the skin to heal.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is one of the healthiest and the best natural moisturizer. Since it is a great natural moisturizer, applying coconut oil can help reduce the effects of acne and inflammation. Coconut oil keeps the skin hydrated and one study also said that coconut oil can help reduce staph-bacteria by 95 per cent.
- Vitamin D: Lack of vitamin D is one of the main causes of dry skin which may include eczema. Activated vitamin D analogs have been shown to increase expression of a protein called filaggrin in the skin. Consuming food rich in Vitamin D like Eggs, Salmon, Carrot helps the immune system reduce levels of inflammation and strengthen skin barriers.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil contains anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and nourishing properties. As such it can be used as a home treatment for eczema. Applying tea tree oil with olive oil can help in curbing the itching and soften dry skin.
- Flaxseeds: Like salmon and sardines, flaxseeds are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids. This nutrient found in flaxseeds can help block a chemical in your body called arachidonic acid responsible for inflammation. Incorporating flaxseeds in your diet such as smoothies, granola or salads can help reduce the dry skin condition.
Also Read | Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor show how to rock the shimmery sequin look
Other home remedies to treat dry skin are cod liver oil which are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Applying fresh aloe vera can also soothe itchy skin giving you a cool effect.
First Published: Saturday, November 17, 2018 01:32 PM