It has been a tradition to blow candles on birthday cake. Kids love to blow candles on the cake. But have you ever thought the tradition can be harmful for health. Researchers from Clemson University in South Carolina told that the ritual of blowing candles on birthday cake can create bacteria on the pudding.
We have never thought that blowing the candles on the cake, there could be chances of saliva being spit onto the cake. There are many bacterias present in our mouth. According to the researchers, the chances of spread of bacteria on the icing increases by 1,400 per cent when saliva gets spread on the cake while blowing candles. If the candle blower is suffering from any infection than it can cause a serious health hazard.
Dr Paul Dawson found the above conclusion with his group of students. The study evokes food safety concerns. Dr Dawson told Daily Mail Online that Dr Paul was having a conversation with his daughter and in that conversation he got the idea.
Although scientists do not consider it as a serious health hazard but they belive that precaution should be taken.