For centuries, tea has been enjoyed as a refreshing and healthy beverage, and recent scientific studies and research have acknowledged that the traditional brew has medicinal properties.
The remedial elements found in tea contain a high level of flavonoid, a plant derived antioxidant, and green tea is a great food source of a group called catechin which is a type of natural phenol and antioxidant.
So here sharing with you Top 7 benefits of drinking green tea:
1. Reduces cancer risk: Studies have shown an association between consuming green tea and reduced risk of several cancers such as skin, breast, lung, colon, oesophagal, and bladder. It is attributed to the presence of catechin which is reportedly more effective than vitamin C and E in halting oxidative damage to cells. It also appears to have other disease-fighting properties as well.
2. Delayed ageing: Green tea has been advocated by many beauty and lifestyle experts as a potent weapon to fight, or delay ageing. Green tea has antioxidants that are referred to as polyphenols, which fight free radicals. This not only fights ageing but also promotes skin’s ability to stay elastic and strong for a longer time.
3. Healthy cells: Green tea contains antioxidants called catechins that fight cell damage. Green tea is not processed much hence its catechins content are undamaged.
4. Diabetes control: Green tea helps in stabilizing blood sugar level. Catechin helps in reducing cholesterol and managing steady blood pressure. These qualities prevent or delay diabetes.
5. Healthy brain: Green tea has been shown to block the formation of plaques linked to Alzheimer's disease. A Swiss study also found that green tea supports greater activity in the working-memory area of the brain.
6. Stress buster: Green tea contains thiamine; an amino acid that helps to stimulate a calming effect.
7. Weight loss: Green tea burns fat and naturally boosts metabolism rate. Drinking green tea can burn up to 70 calories in just 24 hours.