World Tuberculosis Day: Natural remedies that can soothe the symptoms of TB
Word Tuberculosis Day: Natural remedies that can soothe the symptoms of TB
On the World Tuberculosis Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi twitted his government is working towards making India a TB free society, which will benefit the poor. India accounts for about a quarter of the global TB burden. In 2016, in India, an estimated 28 lakh cases occurred, and 4.5 lakh people died due to TB.
The general symptoms of the infectious disease are known to all most all. It includes bad cough which lasts for 3 weeks or longer. Although proper medication is required to treat the disease, certain home remedies can ease the symptoms of Tuberculosis.
Home remedies to treat Tuberculosis naturally
- Bromelain in pineapples can help in treating TB naturally. Stem bromelain, which is found in stem and juice of pineapple can help in reducing foam cell formation.
- Eat garlic raw or use it as an ingredient in nearly all dishes. Its anti-inflammatory properties can fight the bacterium responsible for causing TB.
- Milk is rich in and can strengthen the body and counter the loss of tissues while fighting the disease- a typical symptom in TB patients.
- Vitamin C rich banana helps in building the immune system, thus providing more strength to the body to fight TB infection.
- Chew mint leaves or brew it in hot water. Mint clears your respiratory tract from mucus and allows free passage of air.
- Apart from spending some time in the sun to soak in Vitamin D, you can include eggs, milk, cheese and fatty fish in your diet to increase your Vitamin D intake.
- Meals should be simple, freshly prepared and should include animal protein and a liberal amount of all vitamins from green veggies and fruits.
- Refrain from smoking alcohol, caffeine, red meat and refined flour.
First Published: Sunday, March 24, 2019 12:53 PM