Dhanteras is one of the major Hindu festival associated with wealth and prosperity. This year, the auspicious festival will be celebrated on October 25, 2019. Dhanteras marks the beginning of the festivities of Diwali, which includes celebrations like Lakshmi Pujan and Bhaidooj. It falls on the Trayodashi of Krishna Paksha of Kartik month every year. Dhanteras is followed by Chhoti Diwali, Diwali, Govardhan Puja and Bhai Dooj. It is believed that purchasing items like gold, silver or utensils bring good luck to the family this day.
What to buy on Dhanteras?
• Buy gold or silver ornaments, earthen lamps, brass utensils, etc.
• You can buy gold or silver coins as a good investment option.
• You can purchase 11 Gomti Chakras for the health and prosperity of your family.
• Purchasing kitchen utensils on Dhanteras is considered to be beneficial for the well-being of the family.
• The businessmen, shopkeepers or any entrepreneurs can buy new account logbook and diaries on Dhanteras.
• On this day, you can purchase electronic items like mobile phones, refrigerator, laptops, oven, etc.
What not to buy on Dhanteras?
According to Indian customs, there are some items that you need to avoid purchasing. For example, it is believed that one should avoid purchasing iron and aluminium utensils on Dhanteras. You should avoid wearing black on this day and elders also advice to avoid bringing empty dishes into the house. Each family has their own set of beliefs and rituals that they follow and this is what makes the festivals in India rich in culture.