Happy Islamic New Year: Facebook Status, WhatsApp Messages To Send To Your Loved Ones
Muharram is considered to be holiest month in the Quran after Ramzan (Photo: PTI)
- Muharram is the first month of the year for Muslims
- Based on the lunar calendar the Islamic calendar is 11 to 12 days shorter than the solar calendar
- Muharram is considered to be holiest month in the Quran after Ramzan
Muharram is the first month of the year for Muslims. Based on the lunar calendar the Islamic calendar is 11 to 12 days shorter than the solar calendar, or the Gregorian one, which is referred to in most western countries. The month of Muharram is extremely holy for the Muslim community as Shia Muslims mourn the death of Imam Hussain and his family. Shia's begin mourning from the first night of Muharram and continue for ten nights.
Muharram is considered to be holiest month in the Quran after Ramzan along with the seventh month of Rajab, and the eleventh and twelfth months of Dhu al-Qi'dah and Dhu al-Hijjah.
Muharram 2019: Here are some Facebook status, WhatsApp messages for you to mark the beginning of new Islamic year
- You alone we worship and you alone we ask for help, for each and everything. May your faith in him always bring you peace and prosperity…Have a blessed Muharram.
- May all the praises and thanks be to Allah. To whom belongs all that is in heavens and in the Earth. Have a blessed Muharram.
- As the Hijri New Year begins, let us pray that it will be a year full of peace, happiness and abundance of new friends. May Allah bless you throughout the new year.
- My admiration for the noble sacrifice of Imam Hussain as a martyr abides, because he accepted death and the torture of thirst for himself, his sons and for his whole family but did not submit to unjust authorities.
- Today’s sunset was the last sunset of this Islamic year and I pray that all your worries set down with this sunset and new beam of new year spread happiness in your life. (Ameen)…Happy New Islamic Year.
First Published: Saturday, August 31, 2019 12:19 PM