A horrifying video that captured a boiling hot soup exploding on a waitress’ face is going viral for all the scary reasons. Hot pot is a Chinese cooking method that is prepared with a simmering pot of soup stock at the dining table, containing a variety of East Asian foodstuffs and ingredients that include thinly sliced meat, leaf vegetables, mushrooms, wontons, egg dumplings, tofu, and seafood.
According to Fox news, the accident happened when a diner reportedly dropped his lighter into the soup while handing it to his friend across the table. The waitress who is now being treated for burns went to fish out the lighter with a ladle when the accident happened splashing the boiling liquid all over her and also onto the two customers.
Watch the horrifying video here:
The waitress and one of the customers were reportedly taken to the hospital for immediate treatment. Following the incident, the Khaleej Times added that the restaurant is being investigated regarding the matter.