Tamil Nadu girl consumes chocolate laced with tiny battery, light

Udhagamandalam, PTI | Updated : 12 August 2019, 09:18 PM
Representative image
Representative image

A nine-year-old girl took ill after consuming a chocolate laced with a tiny battery and a light. Jayashikha, a fourth standard student, residing near Udhagamandalam swallowed the chocolate offered by her parent on Sunday evening and later complained of severe stomach pain, family sources said.

She was taken to the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital where a scan revealed the presence of the battery in the stomach. She was being treated and kept under observation, sources in the hospital said.

First Published: Monday, August 12, 2019 09:01 PM
Post Comment (+)