When Thor’s lightning bolt decides to flush mankind’s septic tank! In what will be considered as one of the most bizarre in plumbing history, a woman’s toilet was destroyed in a loud boom after a bolt of lightning struck her septic tank and ignited fart gases. The terrified woman, Marylou Ward was left shocked by the sudden blast at her home in Port Charlotte, Florida, on Sunday and says it was the loudest sound she has ever heard ‘sending porcelain airborne like a missile’.
‘We have nothing now… ‘We come in here and the toilet was laying on the floor. ‘There’s all pieces everywhere. Pieces everywhere’ she told WINK.
The entire plumbing system at Ward’s home was ruined after the lightning hit her septic tank and ignited the methane gas or fart gases. Methane occurs in small quantities in human flatulence and waste, and was able to build up to flammable levels when contained inside Ward’s septic tank.
Sharing the images of the blast on Facebook, A-1 Affordable Plumbing Inc. wrote ‘no more pooping while it’s storming outside’. ‘We smelled smoke and I looked outside. ‘It was the smoke from the septic tank that was coming’ Mrs. Ward’s whose master bedroom window was also broken added.
Still keeping a positive face following the freak accident, the woman added, ‘I’m just glad none of us were on the toilet. ‘That’s the main thing.’