Speaking at News Nation’s prestigious Hamari Sansad Sammelan, Union Minister Smriti Irani, the giant-slayer of 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, on Friday revealed her success mantra from Uttar Pradesh's Amethi parliamentary constituency. After never-changing political trends for the last few decades, Amethi, the pocket borough of the Congress, gave the most unexpected and stunning victory to the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Smriti Irani, yesteryear's TV star-turned-politician defeated Congress president Gandhi from Amethi by a staggering margin of over 55,000 votes.
Here are the top 5 quotes by Union Minister Smriti Irani at News Nation's Hamari Sansad Sammelan:
1. Yoga tweet by Rahul Gandhi shows his 'neech soch': Irani was referring to one of Gandhi's latest tweets, where he posted a photo of Indian Army dogs and their handlers performing exercises on the occasion of International Yoga Day, captioning it "New India".
2. Rahul Gandhi disrespected the President of India, how can we expect that he respects the people of India. His abject disregard to President Kovind shows his real 'sanskars': On Thursday, social media was deluged with various posts, trolling the Congress chief brutally as he was seen scrolling through his phone, typing some texts and clicking photographs, during President Ram Nath Kovind's one-hour-long speech at Parliament.
3. People of Amethi taught Rahul Gandhi a lesson. I am thankful to the party that it gave me another chance to fight from Amethi despite losing in first attempt: The Union Minister was talking about Gandhi's massive defeat from his family bastion, which had been comfortably bagged by the grand old party owing to the charisma and name of the Gandhi family without the support of the party organisation, political pundits opined. In 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Rahul Gandhi had defeated Irani by 1,07,903 votes.
4. Taking a dig at the Congress president, Irani further said - 'Bade baap ka beta' Rahul Gandhi has made his mind to fight the next election from Sri Lanka.
5. Moving on to Modi 2.0 Cabinet's developmental and welfare projects, Irani said - Going to Amethi tomorrow to open 20 new roads, the foundation stone for which was led in January this year.