The Indian women's cricket team is on the cusp of history as they are all set to clash with England in the summit clash of the Women's Cricket World Cup at the 'Mecca' of cricket, Lord's on Sunday. Riding on mesmerizing performances from Mithali Raj, Harmanpreet Kaur, Veda Krishnamurthy, Jhulan Goswami, Deepti Sharma and others, the Indian team has given some commendable performances in the tournament.
The only worry for the team is opener Smriti Mandhana's form. Apart from the first two matches where she hit a century and a half-century, she has been pretty inconsistent.
However, as the match is set to begin in a few hours, let's have a look at how India and England stack up against each other before the finale apart from some interesting facts regarding the Women's World Cup:
It's not long to go until the #WWC17 Final!
Who are you supporting today? pic.twitter.com/bad52QIoWg— Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) July 23, 2017
1. India and England have clashed 62 times in One Day Internationals. Whereas England have won 34 games, India has emerged victorious in 26 of them.
2. Head to Head in World Cup - Total Played - 10 India Won 4 England Won 6.
3. ODI records in 2017 Eng - Played 8, Won 7, Lost 1; India - Played 19, India 16, Lost 3.
4. World Cup Titles England- 3 ( 1973, 1993, 2009) India - 0.
5. World Cup Final Appearances- Eng - 7 India - 2 (2005, 2017)
6. If India win on Sunday, they will become the 4th team to win the Women's World Cup ever. So far, only Australia, England and New Zealand have won the coveted tournament.
7. This is the first time every match of Women's World Cup is being shown Live.
8. The prize money in ICC Women's Cricket World Cup 2017 has been increased by 10 times to 2 million dollars. Earlier, it used to be just 2 lakh dollars.
9. The final will witness a packed house as all the tickets have been sold out.
10. Women's cricket popularity has increased to rapid heights. This can be understood by the fact that on an average 1700 tickets have been sold per match in 2017.