Still fighting for playing rights at the Delhi Golf Club, Rashid Khan on Friday said he has submitted his letter charting the terms of settlement to the DGC committee, a claim denied by its president Major (retd.) Ravinder Singh Bedi. Rashid has been banned by the DGC along with a group of golfers from practising at the course since last January.
To restore his playing rights, the two-time Asian tour winner had handed over a letter to DGC committee member Amit Luthra on June 3, but said he is still waiting for a response from the club. "I had given the letter to Amit Luthra on 3rd June. Till now I haven't got any reply from them doesn't look like they want to finish this," Rashid told PTI.
"We tried to talk to president and captain but they refused. Luthra told me there will be a meeting on 13 or 14th June but nope they're just wasting our time." However, the DGC president said the committee has not received any letter from the golfer. "They haven't submitted any letter to the committee. He may have submitted to Mr Luthra but Mr Luthra is not authorised to talk on behalf of the committee. So we haven't received any letter directly from Rashid," Bedi said.
"Mr Luthra has not submitted any letter to the committee and if Rashid has to seek any solution, he has to write as Rashid and not write as 'we'. If he wants any consideration from the club, he should write directly to the club. So far we have nothing at all."
In the letter addressed to the DGC committee members, Rashid wrote: "There has been a big misunderstanding and we would like to clear few things. Fighting each other won't solve anything. I think we should sit across the table and clear few things."High court was the only option left for us to get justice when DGC restricted all of our entry to the club and stopped our playing rights.
"We all know what has happened in last 5 months to us players, we don't want to fight against DGC who has given us everything in life and in sports of golf. We only want our permanent playing rights in written. We guarantee you to take back all the charges against DGC," he added. The letter goes on to give explanations for all the allegations levelled against him and the other golfers by the DGC.