A sparkling solitaire of India, Kohli is the definition of resilience. His life has not been as easy as it may be today. He has overcome emotions to become the strongest.
Arguably the best batsman in the world in modern era, Kohli is equally popular both on and off the field. He has become the new face of Indian cricket and that’s enough to keep marketing guys interested.
The handsome hunk is the heartthrob of not just common Indian girls but some celebrities including female cricketers as well.
Today, Kohli is celebrating his 29th birthday and on his cake-day we have brought you some interesting and lesser known facts about Virat Kohli. Take a look.
10 Interesting facts about Virat Kohli:
1. Virat Kohli might be a handsome hunk but his nickname is a cute one- Chiku.
2. Kohli has studied in his home town Delhi. He started his schooling from Vishal Bharti School and later shifted to Savier Convent.
3. Virat Kohli is a true sportsman and he never let his personal life emotions come in the way of his game. And the biggest example was his father’ death. Kohli displayed great character and scored 90 runs in a Ranji match against Karnataka on the very day of his father’s death.
4. Virat Kohli became the first Indian to score a hundred on his World Cup debut in 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup. Kohli scored 282 runs in 9 innings at an average of 35.25.
5. With his wonderful innings of 183 off 148 balls in Asia Cup 2012, Kohli become the highest run scorer in one innings against Pakistan. Earlier, Brian Lara‘s 156 was the highest individual innings against Pakistan.
6. At the age of 23, Kohli won the ICC ODI Cricketer of the year award in 2012.
7. Kohli also holds the record of fastest ODI century by an Indian. He scored 100 off just 52 balls against Australia in Jaipur in 2013.
8. Kohli loves to get himself inked. His favorite tattoo is the one sporting a Samurai Warrior. He has gotten himself inked four times.
10. Kohli is in relationship with “Dangal” fame Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma.