Board Exam Result 2019

Former Liverpool defender Enrique given all-clear from cancer

Madrid, PTI | Updated : 16 April 2019, 05:14 PM
Former Liverpool defender Enrique given all-clear from cancer (Image Credit: Twitter)
Former Liverpool defender Enrique given all-clear from cancer (Image Credit: Twitter)
HIGHLIGHTS
  • Former Liverpool defender Enrique has given all-clear from cancer.
  • He believes that he can look forward in life now and thanked all his fans. 
  • Jose played for Liverpool for nine years. 

Former Liverpool and Newcastle defender Jose Enrique has been given the all-clear by doctors after he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last year. Enrique said in June 2018 that he had undergone an operation to remove the tumour and he has since been going through a series of radiotherapy sessions.

"Hello guys, I just have some wonderful news today," Enrique said on Tuesday, in a video message posted on Instagram. "I just got back the report from the MRI I had just a week and a half ago." I just wanted to let you know, because the support from all of you has been amazing, that it's all clear, all perfect."

He added: "I can look forward now, not back anymore and just keep fighting. So it's all clear and perfect. Thank you, guys."

The 33-year-old, who spent nine years in England playing for Liverpool and Newcastle, was told he could lose his sight as a result of the tumour. Enrique retired in 2017 after an injury-hit season with Real Zaragoza and had begun working as a football agent.

First Published: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 05:13 PM
For all the latest Sports News Download the News Nation App available on Android and iOS.