IPL’s five most expensive buys
All-rounder Yuvraj Singh set a new record as the costliest player in the Indian Premier League by going for a whopping Rs 16 cr to Delhi Daredevils in the eighth players' auction. Let’s have a look into the five most expensive buys in IPL history.
- Yuvraj Singh- In 2014, IPL auctions the stylish left hander was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 14 cr.
- Yuvraj Singh- The RCB released Yuvraj Singh after the seventh edition and again he was bought by Delhi Daredevils surpassing the previous amount for Rs 16 cr.
- Dinesh Karthik- In 2014, Delhi Daredevils brought the wicket keeper for Rs 12.5 cr which never proved a smart buy for them.
- Dinesh Karthik- In 2015 auctions, the RCB bought Karthik for Rs 10.5 cr to boost their batting.
- Gautam Gambhir- Gambhir was released by Delhi Daredevils in 2011, was bought by KKR for RS 11.4 cr. The left hander lead the side in last two previous editions and helped them to win the seventh edition.
First Published: Monday, February 16, 2015 04:01 PM